The Australian Marine Complex (AMC) is open to partnering arrangements with the private sector in order to meet infrastructure needs within the complex, and provides appropriate common use infrastructure.
- Ensures greater alignment of workforce skills and education with the needs of the defence, marine, oil and gas, and resource industries; and
- Provides opportunities and a working environment to retain Western Australia’s skilled workforce and attract highly-skilled business migrants.
The vision for the AMC is:
“A world-class centre of excellence for manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, technology, repair and maintenance servicing activities in the defence, marine, oil and gas, and resource industries.”
The Western Australian Government’s objectives for the AMC are to:
- Attract and retain best-in-class businesses and projects to the AMC, consistent with the vision for the AMC and the policy objectives of the Western Australian Government
- Develop and manage common use infrastructure at the AMC to match the needs of the defence, marine, oil and gas, and resource industries
- Support and encourage supply chain strengths through the clustering of complementary businesses at the AMC
- Provide appropriate support for training, skills and capabilities for Western Australians in the defence, marine, oil and gas, and resource industries to ensure the sustained, competitive success of the AMC enterprises and projects